Here are 5 ways you can cut costs:
- Style your own hair. Beginning to cut your own hair does not have to be just a fashion statement. By cutting your own hair or having a friend or spouse/significant other cut your hair, you can save money that you would otherwise spend to have someone cut it. It is easy to see the savings add up.
- Commute by Bike. Riding your bike a short distance to work not only saves you money that you would otherwise spend on gas or public transportation. It also improves your health, thereby reducing healthcare costs that would later be incurred.
- Buy in Bulk. There are a number of stores, some which require memberships, that allow you to purchase items in bulk. Buying more than you need at the current moment allows you to get a lower per-unit price. This saves you lots of money in the long run.
- Change the Termostat. Simply changing the thermostat 2 degrees (higher for the AC and lower for heat in the winter) allows you to save money on your utility bill.
- Eat In. This is one of the biggest ways families / individuals can save money each month. Preparing your own meals at home instead of the frequent trips to the sit-down or fast-food restaurant can save you hundreds each month.